VenaOff is super medical glue made up of cyanoacrylate adhesive. It is used to treat varicosities (sealing off the damaged veins) in which a polymer is used. Polymer is inserted into the damaged varicosities, and pressure is applied. With the help of ultrasound guidance and a small catheter, super medical glue is inserted into the damaged veins. It causes an inflammatory reaction in the valves of varicosities, and the damaged veins are sealed off. Blood starts flowing from the healthy veins. It involves the polymerization method in which a small amount of polymer is used.
Features Of VenaOff
The features of VenaOff are as follows:
- It requires a short time.
- It is a quick procedure.
- It does not cause skin pigmentation.
- It does not cause lesions and numbness of the skin.
- It does not require compression socks and stockings after the procedure.
- Patients can return to their normal activities after the procedure.
- It works in seconds.
- It seals off the damaged veins.
Composition Of VenaOff
It is glue made up of cyanoacrylate that is used to treat the wound and inflammation of the skin of older patients. This medical glue is used for sealing off the arteries.
Working Of VenaOff
The procedure of VenaOff includes:
- Ultrasound is used to view the damaged veins.
- A small amount of anesthesia is given to the patient’s legs.
- With the help of a catheter, VenaOff super medical glue is inserted into the patients.
- Vein specialists apply pressure on the patient’s leg to seal the damaged veins.
- Sclerosis occurs in the veins.
- It will be absorbed automatically by the body.
- The blood starts flowing in the healthy veins immediately after the procedure.
- After the VenaOff process, the catheter is removed.
- A small bandage is applied to the patient’s wounds and incisions.
Expectations During The VenaOff Procedure
- This procedure is repeated multiple times for the treatment of varicose veins.
- It causes a little bit of discomfort to the patient.
- Ultrasound is required after every 1-2 weeks to maintain the results.
- The procedure is re-performed after 2-4 weeks.
- It removes the risk of deep vein thrombosis.
Effectiveness Of VenaOff
VenaOff shows very effective results, which are as follows:
- It shows 92% successful results.
- Its result is similar to endovenous ablation laser and radiofrequency procedures.
- It does not cause skin burning and incisions.
- It does not require wearing compression and stretchable socks.
- It gives effective results in straight veins rather than twisted veins.
- It is a painless procedure.
- It is a rapid procedure that can complete in seconds.
- The body absorbs the damaged vein automatically.
Recovery Of VenaOff
- Some people recover immediately after the VenaOff medical superglue treatment.
- It does not require any medication to relieve pain.
- After the procedure, the patient is advised to avoid extreme exercise, weight lifting, running, and jumping.
- It shows results in only one session; in rare cases, it gives effect after 4 weeks of treatment.
- The patient should maintain a healthy life.
Uses of VenaOff
VenaOff is used to treat the following diseases:
- It treats peripheral and neurovasculature tumors.
- Arteriovenous malformations and hypervascular tumors are also treated with a simple polymerization method.
- It is used to treat varicosities of the lower legs.
- It treats the damaged veins of pelvic, vaginal, and vulvar body parts.
- It is also used to treat severe Lipodema disease in which large amounts of fatty substances are deposited in the body.
- Primarily, it treats the upper and lower legs of the body.
Advantages of VenaOff
The advantages of VenaOff are as follows:
- It is a speedy method to treat varicose veins.
- It causes little pain in the patient.
- Less bruising occurs in the patient.
- A small dosage of local anesthesia is given to the patient.
- Immediately after the treatment, the patient returns to regular activity.
- It provides results similar to endovenous ablation.
Disadvantages Of VenaOff
The disadvantages of VenaOff are as follows:
- It causes inflammation of the veins.
- Medicare does not cover it.
- It is a very costly treatment.
Risk Factors Of VenaOff
The risks of VenaOff are as follows:
- Some patients are allergic to cyanoacrylates adhesive.
- It causes deep vein thrombosis.
- It results in soreness and pigmentation of the skin.
Conjunction Of VenaOff With Other Methods
It involves the conjunction with other following methods:
- Endovenous laser ablation.
- Ultrasound for guidance.
Is VenaOff Better Than Laser?
Both VenaOff and endovenous laser ablations show similar results for varicose vein patients. VenaOff is used to treat small veins, and laser ablation is used to treat large veins.